Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life will go on...but you have to let it

Once in a sunlit garden,
Where the most magnificent of flowers grow,
I walked with God and held his hand,
and he said "my dear child this you must know

Life is a book, in wich you write,
your most troubling and treasured of memories,
and as the author of this book,
you must make sure the reader sees.

That each new chapter in this book,
you faced and did your best,
that you kept up your undieing faith,
then it was EASY to pass the test."

After he spoke this to me,
he gave me a hug and a kiss,
and as he went back up to heaven,
he whispered "make your earthly life a wonderful bliss."

So with this special visit in mind,
I went by a tree and did sit,
and started to write my book of life,
the whole day through I did not quit.

I wrote of all my happy times,
of all my trials too,
what it was I learned from those trials,
and how I started anew.

just as the sun was setting,
I put my masterpiece away,
I was so very proud,
of the work I had done all day.

So as the moon arose that night,
just as I was about to retire,
I heard the Lord come to my door,
my book, I was sure he came to admire.

He took my book up off the shelf,
and read the whole thing through,
then said "well done my child,
but you left out the most important page for you"

I just could not understand,
as I read it and found out,
there was one unwritten page,
so about myself, I really began to doubt.

He put his loving arms around me,
and then he did explain,
"that unwritten page is the future,
so you shouldn't feel any pain."

"The past is over now,"
he said with love in his voice,
"the future is yours to make you own,
so THAT should be your choice"

So now as each new dawn appears,
as the dew creeps on the flowers,
I take that one unwritten page,
and fill it by the hours.

Though the past was very difficult,
the NEXT page is what I see,
full of love,laughter and happiness,
the things that last eternally.

Molly 5/16/1987

No comments:

Post a Comment

Songs that remind me of my girl


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones