Monday, April 5, 2010

My daughter's visit with our adoptos



My girl just spent a week with our new "family".She loved it and they took such good care of her.It made her feel more at ease to know what her little girl's life will be like.It was good to see that our adoptodad can sympathize with my girls growing belly.(that name kinda makes him sound like a superhero..lol)I gotta say....I have to respect someone who can make a smiley face pancake(and actually takes the time to do it..lol)

I hope my little grand baby will have these once in a while. But the highlight for me was when I was able to see the present that that gave to me...a beautiful pink flamingo...just so everyone has this straight...adoptomom bought a pink piece of plastic that went along with a running joke between us.She had my daughter stuff in her luggage and smuggle it on the airplane.(could you imagine what security thought when it was x-rayed).she had my girl sneak behind my back and plant it in our front yard.Is it wrong that this makes me love them so much more??Would anyone else take this as them showing us that they love us??It just goes to show that in a situation like this having the perfect match is soooo important.I love that we are able to mesh so well.We are so fortunate to have these people in our lives.I do have to say though..this lifetime is gonna be very interesting...and between them and us..this little girl is never gonna be bored.And now...we cherish this silly little piece of pink plastic so much we had to bring it in so it would blow away or get lost.Yes adopto parents..thank you so much for all you do ;)!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm who are those crazy people....I mean WEIRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. she will get lots of smiley face pancakes, my dad made them for me when i was a kid so I have to pass it on. i can do better ones i just had the batter a little too thick lol

    adopt'O'dad
    "the super hero" (i like the sound of that)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I haven't read this post before. I made the "pink flamingo pose" comment about Avery's cute picture without ever knowing you guys all had a running joke!!! That is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Songs that remind me of my girl


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones