Monday, June 7, 2010

A final word before her arrival

I can envision her life so clearly. Like a beautiful radiant gem. So many unique facets. So many side come together as one.So many different stories to make up one amazing life.Let my share a part of our side. Once I had a beautiful angel baby girl myself. She brought so much light into my life.She came into my life and it changed it forever...and I realized what I called living before having her...was not really living at all.Having her was the making of how I would define my life.She is my daughter...my best friend...my hang out buddy...and lately...she is my hero. When she was still a tiny thing...I found a cross stitch of the poem above. I instantly fell in love with it. It has become such a treasure to me. It has hung on the wall through all 5 of my babies. It is the basis of how I raise my precious children. Through everything that life brings me...they ALWAYS come first. Life has become so busy...such hustle and bustle...but I stop and let my babies snuggle up and take a nap in my arms. I read a book to my two year old. I can never be too tired to hug them and tell them I love them. I will never let anything take their place of importance. Heavenly Father has trusted me with his children...and I take the role of motherhood very seriously. It is my greatest gift...my reason for being alive. This is all I remember from my mother as well. With my father passing away when I was 2...it was a rough go for her. Five kids all to herself. But yet...I was always embraced with love around me. A tornado came and tossed the trailer that we were living in like a rag doll. I woke with her calling for me. Hail the size of grapefruit. She sheltered me with herself..busted ribs and getting pelted with the hail. But I was her girl. Another time...after she got sick...laying in the hospital bed in agony.....I held her hand and sang to her...she had not moved for days...she could only hear out of one ear...the one that was in the pillow....she slowly turned her head...my mother used all her energy just so she could hear me sing. Her last word were "I love you" as she took her last breath. She lived her life for me. This is us...Sweet little Avery girl...this is your legacy...each generation of women doing all they can for their children. What about your birthmommy??? Well you see... she is the strongest one of them all...she is giving the greatest sacrifice one can give...for you my precious one...she gives her heart and soul....everything that she has eventhough it tears her apart.. She looks beyond what it is she really wants...she goes through the pain that she does so you can have what she cannot provide.A home with two amazing parents...and more love and support coming from everywhere around than you can imagine.She is giving you life more than once. I cannot express how much I admire her. I am so proud that she is my girl.Hour upon hour she thinks of you...tells you how much she loves you.You are all that she thinks about.May you always feel that selfless love...

2 comments:

  1. The love of a Mother for Child touches mt6 heart in the deepest place. I remain in awe of your Daughter and her strength, character and honor. Our thoughts are with you during these final weeks.
    ~SR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Avery has a wonderful long line of mothers in her family history. She will be truly blessed. You and C are in my prayers these next for weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete

Songs that remind me of my girl


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones